This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email: email@example.com or write to: Bettylicious, 16 Prince of Wales Road, Weymouth, Dorset DT4 0BY
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
WHAT DATA WE GATHER
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the bettylicious.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read their site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Cookies and how we use them (including Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel)
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
How we store your data & GDPR
As of May 25th 2018 the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law comes in to effect.
As a business we must be more transparent about the customer data we hold and how we hold and use this data. It also means that you can request to see what data we hold (free of charge) and you can request to be completely removed from our databases.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each of our emails.
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Bettylicious, 16 Prince of Wales Road, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 0BY
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR law 2018.